The second annual MOF workshop, "The 2nd Malaysian Metal-Organic Frameworks Workshop (MyMOF2018)" was held at Universiti Putra Malaysia from October 29 – November 2, 2018.
Associate Director Kyle E. Cordova and global science affiliate, Dr. Felipe Gandara, provided lectures on topics ranging from gas separation, water harvesting, heterogeneous catalysis, topological analysis, and crystallography with respect to all things reticular chemistry. The workshop consisted of lecture-style presentations as well as practical laboratory instruction, in which participants learned how to simulate structural models of MOFs and solve their crystal structures using diffraction data.
This workshop included local and international participants who are interested to learn and enhance their skills in the field of metal-organic frameworks (MOFs) research. The workshop approach is tailored to provide participants with the opportunity to obtain knowledge, skills and a solid understanding of the tools and analysis relevant to the field.
- Kyle E. Cordova, University of California, Berkeley, US
- Felipe Gándara, Materials Science Institute of Madrid, Spain
- Introduction to Reticular Materials
- Carbon Dioxide Capture and Conversion in Reticular Chemistry
- Water Harvesting using Reticular Materials
- Background of Crystallography + X-Ray Diffraction
- Structure Solution
- Topological Analysis
- SCXRD Instrument Training Introduction
- SCXRD Data Collection Process and Strategy
- SCXRD Refinement and Structure Solution
- Crystallography Practical Exercises
- Heterogeneous Catalysis in Reticular Materials
- Topological Analysis Exercise
- University Putra Malaysia
- Berkeley Global Science Institute